Patient Bill of Rights
Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
All patients are entitled to the following rights. Patients or their decision makers must abide by the responsibilities.
You have the right to:
- To receive services without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, handicap or national origin.
- Be treated kindly, respectfully and with proper regard for your privacy by competent professional people.
- To expect that all disclosures, communications, and records be treated confidentially, except when required by law, and to be given the opportunity to approve or refuse their release.
- Be informed about your condition, diagnosis and prescribed treatment.
- Make decisions about your care and treatment at any time, including the right to refuse treatment within the law, and to be informed of the risks based on your decision.
- Know the identity of your caregivers, who is in charge and to expect them to be in communication with each other.
- To have the appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- To be informed, when appropriate, of the treatment policy for minors not accompanied by an adult.
- Ask questions and to state concerns in a clean, safe and secure place.
You, or the person acting for you, must:
- Provide your complete health information to the care team and you must co-operate in the agreed treatment plan.
- Be courteous to caregivers, patients, visitors and staff.
- Inform your caregivers of any changes in your condition during treatment.
- Accept responsibility for treatment decisions you have made.
- To keep appointments, cancel appointments, and notify Town Center Orthopaedic Associates of these changes.
- Respect Town Center Orthopaedic Associates property and regulations.
- To assure that the financial obligations for health care provided are paid.
- Notify Town Center Orthopaedic Associates of any changes in your health history, demographics and insurance information.
- Identify a spokesperson in the event you are incapable of communicating.
- Provide positive and negative feedback in an appropriate manner about your patient experience at Town Center Orthopaedic Associates.